When you’ve decided to sell, we want to be your advocate, your guide, and your fierce negotiator.
Why hire a professional?
A qualified, competent real estate agent will help you navigate the myriad of decisions that arise when selling a home. An agent provides value to the homeowner in many ways:
- Pays for all marketing and advertising costs.
- Adds expertise in all aspects of the sales process.
- Handles all showings.
- Brings a network of known, trusted real estate professionals.
- Always has your best interests in mind.
- Can handle and advise on all price and contract negotiations.
- Provides you with all the possible options and opportunities.
- Gives an unbiased, realistic view of your home and your options.
- Has the knowledge to help you ask the right questions.
- Allows you to save valuable time.
Seller’s Check List
1. Find the right representative
The experience and knowledge of a dedicated real estate professional can be priceless. A good Realtor® forms a powerful team with his or her clients that makes it possible for them to have a smooth, successful, stress-free sale.
2. Determine your needs/wants for the sale and for your new home
Selling your primary residence can be tricky because you have to simultaneously be thinking about where you would like to buy. First, weigh your priorities – selling price is certainly important, but having a quick and efficient sale can often be worth accepting a slightly lower offer. Talk to your agent and make sure you’re comfortable with where your priorities are.
At the same time, you should be compiling a needs/wants list for the home you will buy. You will probably have to act fairly quickly when your house sells, so any amount of preparation you can do will serve you well.
3. Prepare your house for showing
Underprepared homes can be sales disasters. Your home will never get as much attention from potential buyers as when it is first listed, so clearing clutter, cleaning, making repairs, and putting your home’s best foot forward is essential. Don’t “open for business” until your home is ready to be seen as favorably as possible.
4. Find out what your local market looks like
Being realistic about your market is the key to a smooth sale. There is no substitute for a professional real estate representative when it comes to local market knowledge.
5. List away!
Lots of photos and online exposure are the key to getting a good response for your listing. Working with an agent who uses Point2 Agent software is a great step in the right direction. Now just “open” the house and sit back and wait for the flood of eager buyers!